Shady Business at LB Exotics, Formerly Known As LB Reptiles

Well, my Husband and I thought that the owner of this store, David, was a great friend but we were quite wrong. David comes off as a sweet, and caring person, but look out! You will find a different, uglier side of him in due time. He will become great friends with you, make you feel as if he is doing so much for you and your pets, giving you such deals and then stab you in the back as soon as he gets the chance. My Husband and I have rescued countless reptiles, some even with habitats and donated them to his store for free, only for him to sell them as soon as he could for hundreds of dollars without even being sure that they were in the best of health first. He pulled this trick on us.

We bought a Tegu from him that he had bought from someone else earlier that day. Knowing the circumstances, I had a feeling that the Tegu might not be in the best of health and that it may not be the pet for us but he told me that I had his word that if it did not work out, he would gladly give my money back. It did not end up working out with the Tegu. He kept having prolapses, even after we took it to the vet twice, so we brought it back to David. He promised me that he would find us a new Tegu as soon as possible, but that was back in July, it is now February of the next year! He has been avoiding my Husband and I at all costs, but finally I was able to get a hold of him over the phone on a restricted phone number. I reminded him of how he told me that I had his word, and yet he says that he will not refund my money and that it is my own fault, that I am abusing his friendship. He hung up on me twice, too...some friend?!

Aside from this issue, he has also ripped my Husband and his company off. My Husband built a webpage for him, entirely for free, but because it still costs money to host a site regardless of your arrangement with the web developer, my Husband's company had to charge him $120 to host the site for the year. He gave my Husband such a hard time about this despite the 6 months of work that he put into building him his website for free. When David did finally write the check, it ended up bouncing! He told my Husband that of course it did because he didn't want to pay for it. The site has since been shut down, however, my Husband has had to foot the bill for the 2 months that the site was live, $20, plus another $20 for his check that bounced.

All I have to say, is really be careful when dealing with this person! He is not the person that he paints himself to be! He is a shady person, and very unprofessional. Just see for yourself when you walk in his store to find all of the neighborhood hoodlums working for him, throwing the animals around while he smokes pot, making fun of all of his customers with them behind the store during the day, and inside the store late at night! You can decide for yourself if this is the place, and if this is the person you really want to get your next pet from. ;)

**FYI: The store used to be called LB Reptiles Only, then the owner changed it to LB Reptiles, but now it is called LB Exotics...Same shady owner of the same shady business, just under a different name.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 5 Yes 5 6 No 6
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 19 #1097610

Take his slimy butt to small claims and get your money back.

1 0 Reply

Apr 18, 2014 #806400 Long Beach, California

I agree with the negative feedbacks. David is very deceiving and is an opportunistic, compulsive liar. I've seen him dump dead animals in someone else's trash... Let me rephrase that: dumped dead reptiles in a nearby business's trash. Not very smart, considering it could trace back to his store if ever discovered. Shady!

6 0 Reply

Aug 24, 2012 #533405

I personally know David and everything bad said about him is false and can be used against you in court, leave the guy alone , but the truth is you couldn't do what he has done with that shop.. Love ya David

0 10 Reply

Feb 22, 2012 #434973

Sure, where can I get ahold of you? Also, if you're Jorge I'm not interested..

0 0 Reply

Feb 21, 2012 #434707

As one of many investors to LB X's and as David's business partner, I take very serious the wrong doing's performed through out the weeks on various different sites.

I personally feel absolutely ridiculous contacting you or interacting with anybody for that matter through this site. Let me keep it short, and let me make something crystal clear to you. You are not only screwing with the well being of David's business but of my own.

I take very personally these attacks toward the shop. "Worse pet store or all time\", "Shady business"? WOW! Without words, this is NOT beef you have with the shop. This is a clear and undeniable attack at David for whatever nonsense you guys should have settled like adults.

I realize the situation and you are completely out of line with your constant badgering and your perpetual harassment. I have plenty of incriminating evidence of slander contra LB Exotics. Infiltration/Spam contra LB Exotics. Google Bomb/Google Washing or manipulating Google search engines contra LB Exotics. Defamation of Character contra LB Exotics. NOT to mention the names AND images you've essential stolen from Facebook without authorization nor consent from those specific individual(s).

This is all very serious, it's far exceeded the petty revenge scheme you've been plotting against David. But nevertheless, I'm not interested in what you and David had differences on what most
... Show more

0 8 Reply

Feb 21, 2012 #434613

Say what you like. And as I said before I will see you in court. Continue to sink yourself deeper and deeper. Has nothing to do with your company. As a matter of fact. I even had a great website deal with a vendor for you. But your lack of " I am going to get to it later" does not apply to the world of us hard working business owners. Just such as you did for my website that was THE BIGGEST PEICE OF UNFINISHED JUNK!! As far as my light bill. That is pretty funny. You know nothing of my money. maybe I should show you my taxes. Also for a guy that has done so well his first year of buisness. I expanded one year later to bigger location. You dont know anything about me. I GUESS THIS HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE WANT TO BE ME! Well you will never have that pleasure. This will be my final word til court.

0 10 Reply

Feb 21, 2012 #434443

Ok david, first off perjury is taking quite serious in court. We have tons of evidence to back up our claims where you actually don't. You can press all the charges you want, but the fact is that everything you are saying is completely false and they WILL find that out in court.
You talk about defamation of character, yet you are the one calling my a "hacker" when in fact I have not come close to doing anything like that. In my case YOU are the one that is defamating someone's character. They will LAUGH at you in court because all of your arguments are completely lacking in factual support and you don't even know the definitions of the words you are using. You should probably look at a dictionary once in a while because you look pretty ignorant.
Go ahead and press charges david, I will be more than happy to watch all of your money go down the drain. To file a case you need money and you can barely afford to keep your power on in your house.
If anyone has a case about this whole thing its me and my company. We hosted your site which you failed to pay and still haven't paid. In fact we could call a debt collector on you for failing to go through with payment.
You are so full of it David. It's okay because we have our own witnesses to prove that we weren't "friends" along with alot of other false statements you have made. Oh, btw perjury means that you're lying under oath because most likely you don't know what that means, I thought I'd
... Show more

3 0 Reply
lb exotics

Feb 21, 2012 #434372

0 7 Reply

Feb 21, 2012 #434274

Yet again I say COMPLETE AND EPIC FAIL! COPY AND PASTING UNDER DIFFRENT TOPIC NAMES! get a life and stop hating on others!

1 3 Reply

Feb 20, 2012 #433925

You'd think that you guys would come up with something new and interesting to say by now, you sound like a broken record poison apple, just repeating all of the same stuff everyone else has...seems awfully coached by the way! My arguments still stand though, and I stick by every word I've said regardless of what you or anyone else has to say about it! As I've said at least 20 times now, others can make up their own mind of whether or not to do business with David and his store...I've only shared my own experience in complete honesty! If it causes hard times for the store, than so be it, not my fault!!!

2 0 Reply

Feb 18, 2012 #432801

Attacking a person and their place of business is completely RIDICULOUS. David has been a friend for years and has never once back stabbed or done anyone wrong. If he was a good friend to you and your husband why not show up to his store? If the matter at hand was not able to be settled via phone or Email you should have went down there face to face. Fact is David has people "HELPING" him run the shop he is not there 24/7. Not to mention he moved his shop recently to a bigger location and is still trying to put the store into order. David is always running around to rescue animals from other locations and helping find room for the one's he cannot take in. It's kind of a double end sword here don't you think. also fact of the matter is the agreement was for a web site to be made for his place of business in exchange for the Tegu and a few checks for helping him out. Not every animal store has the entire backround on a pet's history from a previous owner anywhere you go your taking a risk on buying a pet. Once the pet is in the new owners hands it now becomes your obligation to make sure that your pet is in it's top condition, David would have gladly gave you a replacement or exchange for anything you wanted ( TRUST ME I KNOW) he has given me and my sister free animals all the time without question!. So in question what does this solve to sit here and talk poorly on someone else and ruin their credibility? Fact is you have nothing better to do than bash another person based on... Show more

0 5 Reply

Feb 18, 2012 #432796

See how *** people look when they exaggerate? :grin

But yes, believe it or not your pathetic husband did in fact CREATE A FAKE FACEBOOK ACCOUT! Leroy Jenkins? does that ring a bell?

All of the friends on LB Exotics Facebook read over 20 harassing posts. I was just one of a hoards of people to notify David about your shenanigans.

I can't stress this enough, Autumn gal, but ***... grow up!

This is almost to the point to where it's embarrassing.

0 4 Reply

Feb 18, 2012 #432473

AutumN your so hot girl.

0 1 Reply

Feb 17, 2012 #432254

over 1,000 people, ay? Well you must have been an awfully busy man to have spoken to each and every person! Or were you just EXAGGERATING?!
Well, I'm sorry that to hear that I disgust you, and I hope that you have a lovely weekend as will I!

1 1 Reply

Feb 17, 2012 #432252

I have over 1,000 witnesses stating it was not only ONE post, so that's completely debunked. Secondly, fake alias' on ANYTHING is the true 'shady business' conducted by two little kids from Orange County.

But honestly this whole web of negativity you two are spinning is seriously making me sick. I'm truly disgusted.

Listen, Autumn. I just clocked out, so i'm gonna resume my life now. Hopefully you'll find one of your own.

1 3 Reply

Feb 17, 2012 #432251

While I'd love to sit and discuss this with you further, I have plans for the weekend so I must bid you all adieu for the time being! :)

2 1 Reply

Feb 17, 2012 #432234

Once again, nothing was hacked by myself or my Husband, my Husband did however make one fake alias on Facebook that David accepted a friend request from, after which my Husband posted on his page just letting him know that he was disappointed in the way that he was conducting himself and it was just ONE post, not a flood of them, and as for menacing phone calls, I have not called David or the store even once since he told me he would not refund my money, and my Husband called him once on the day that David sent me threats via Facebook messages.
Just a question, but if David uses his Facebook page as a legitimate business page, don't you think he ought to refrain from hurting his own business reputation by posting such things as I have taken screen shots of and added to this review? Don't you think he should conduct himself in a professional manner? I do.
Lastly, if it is so evident that I'm trying to do anything other than raise awareness about a negative experience I had in dealing with this store, than it wouldn't be as big of a deal and having as much of an affect as you say it is having.
You know what I think is quite evident though? The lack of professional quality in this store and it's owner.

2 1 Reply

Feb 17, 2012 #432218

Autumn, I hate to shatter your perfect angel image your so blatantly displaying for your public but David was wronged as well. He has nothing but good intentions. Take away the fact that your ego was hurt, you seem to forget the fact that David at one point was there to help you guys out. You seem to also forget that emails were hacked, phony alias' were created to flood a legitimate business page, menacing phone calls were made. Need I say more?

Respectfully, your sob stories are meaningless to me. It's evident not only to me but to the others that your out to destroy, and not to raise awareness about a negative experience you had at the store.

0 2 Reply

Feb 17, 2012 #432209

Nothing I have said is an exaggeration, unfortunately. In actuality, I have chosen to leave several uglier details in regards to David's character, behavior, and store out of this for the sake of being decent. It's really unfortunate if David's life is suffering, but I cannot be responsible for it as I have only testified mine and my Husband's honest experience in doing business with him, perhaps he should take care to do better business in the future.
I do however take responsibility for trusting the owner of this store far too much, I openly admit that was definitely a mistake on my part.

2 0 Reply

Feb 17, 2012 #432201

Yes Autumn, I did in fact notice you didn't mention "do not shop there...". Doesn't take away the fact of what I stated. Witch hunt at it's purest. Take it or leave it. Posting exaggerated negativity about a shop that's done good for a lot of people is just evil.

It's a shame you cannot see the severity of what you are causing. Not only for the owner's life but for many other lives.

You two will not and shall not rest until you see the demise of a good situation got completely sour. He's not the only one to blame. Learn how to take responsibility for your own actions, and you'll avoid problems like these later on in the future...

Grow up!

0 3 Reply

1-20 of 36 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.