Well, my Husband and I thought that the owner of this store, David, was a great friend but we were quite wrong. David comes off as a sweet, and caring person, but look out! You will find a different, uglier side of him in due time. He will become great friends with you, make you feel as if he is doing so much for you and your pets, giving you such deals and then stab you in the back as soon as he gets the chance. My Husband and I have rescued countless reptiles, some even with habitats and donated them to his store for free, only for him to sell them as soon as he could for hundreds of dollars without even being sure that they were in the best of health first. He pulled this trick on us.
We bought a Tegu from him that he had bought from someone else earlier that day. Knowing the circumstances, I had a feeling that the Tegu might not be in the best of health and that it may not be the pet for us but he told me that I had his word that if it did not work out, he would gladly give my money back. It did not end up working out with the Tegu. He kept having prolapses, even after we took it to the vet twice, so we brought it back to David. He promised me that he would find us a new Tegu as soon as possible, but that was back in July, it is now February of the next year! He has been avoiding my Husband and I at all costs, but finally I was able to get a hold of him over the phone on a restricted phone number. I reminded him of how he told me that I had his word, and yet he says that he will not refund my money and that it is my own fault, that I am abusing his friendship. He hung up on me twice, too...some friend?!
Aside from this issue, he has also ripped my Husband and his company off. My Husband built a webpage for him, entirely for free, but because it still costs money to host a site regardless of your arrangement with the web developer, my Husband's company had to charge him $120 to host the site for the year. He gave my Husband such a hard time about this despite the 6 months of work that he put into building him his website for free. When David did finally write the check, it ended up bouncing! He told my Husband that of course it did because he didn't want to pay for it. The site has since been shut down, however, my Husband has had to foot the bill for the 2 months that the site was live, $20, plus another $20 for his check that bounced.
All I have to say, is really be careful when dealing with this person! He is not the person that he paints himself to be! He is a shady person, and very unprofessional. Just see for yourself when you walk in his store to find all of the neighborhood hoodlums working for him, throwing the animals around while he smokes pot, making fun of all of his customers with them behind the store during the day, and inside the store late at night! You can decide for yourself if this is the place, and if this is the person you really want to get your next pet from. ;)
**FYI: The store used to be called LB Reptiles Only, then the owner changed it to LB Reptiles, but now it is called LB Exotics...Same shady owner of the same shady business, just under a different name.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Black And Gold Columbian Tegu
- Review category
- Pet Stores
You May Also Like
- "Horse was scalded, burned and bald from Shapley's MTG plus product. Day one after application to horse's mane produced a cruddy bumpy rash. Day two rash is much..."
- "To summarize the past few months please see the email below that I wrote to Petco in March. I have yet to receive a response from them. My mom has..."
- " Adnana Ene, aka Nana Grecu has scammed many people who bought dogs from her while she was on Puppyfind.com. She is also the same person who owns a..."
- "Purchased a pack of bacon before thanksgiving holiday with hopes of frying up for Thanksgiving breakfast. Opened package and its a block of fat (see picture). I was shocked to..."
- "THEY ARE THIEVES! THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY! I ordered a Paypower cardonline and decided to put $4000 to the account fo my trip that I was planning on for over..."
- "I'm reading about the History of Fraud on the Energy Star Program and I hope that Lennar Home Builders will also read it and REMOVE their Energy-Star and Comfort Wise..."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."
- "Had an issue with a defective Leather steering wheel that started to separating. Dealership offered to Glue it back. I specifically requested that they replace a steering wheel because its..."
- "Had purchaised a MKon 2.10.15 which the very next day wasnt working ! I went to ETHOS for replacement bcz i cant accept it which has stopped working the very next..."