Well, my Husband and I thought that the owner of this store, David, was a great friend but we were quite wrong. David comes off as a sweet, and caring person, but look out! You will find a different, uglier side of him in due time. He will become great friends with you, make you feel as if he is doing so much for you and your pets, giving you such deals and then stab you in the back as soon as he gets the chance. My Husband and I have rescued countless reptiles, some even with habitats and donated them to his store for free, only for him to sell them as soon as he could for hundreds of dollars without even being sure that they were in the best of health first. He pulled this trick on us.

We bought a Tegu from him that he had bought from someone else earlier that day. Knowing the circumstances, I had a feeling that the Tegu might not be in the best of health and that it may not be the pet for us but he told me that I had his word that if it did not work out, he would gladly give my money back. It did not end up working out with the Tegu. He kept having prolapses, even after we took it to the vet twice, so we brought it back to David. He promised me that he would find us a new Tegu as soon as possible, but that was back in July, it is now February of the next year! He has been avoiding my Husband and I at all costs, but finally I was able to get a hold of him over the phone on a restricted phone number. I reminded him of how he told me that I had his word, and yet he says that he will not refund my money and that it is my own fault, that I am abusing his friendship. He hung up on me twice, too...some friend?!

Aside from this issue, he has also ripped my Husband and his company off. My Husband built a webpage for him, entirely for free, but because it still costs money to host a site regardless of your arrangement with the web developer, my Husband's company had to charge him $120 to host the site for the year. He gave my Husband such a hard time about this despite the 6 months of work that he put into building him his website for free. When David did finally write the check, it ended up bouncing! He told my Husband that of course it did because he didn't want to pay for it. The site has since been shut down, however, my Husband has had to foot the bill for the 2 months that the site was live, $20, plus another $20 for his check that bounced.

All I have to say, is really be careful when dealing with this person! He is not the person that he paints himself to be! He is a shady person, and very unprofessional. Just see for yourself when you walk in his store to find all of the neighborhood hoodlums working for him, throwing the animals around while he smokes pot, making fun of all of his customers with them behind the store during the day, and inside the store late at night! You can decide for yourself if this is the place, and if this is the person you really want to get your next pet from. ;)

**FYI: The store used to be called LB Reptiles Only, then the owner changed it to LB Reptiles, but now it is called LB Exotics...Same shady owner of the same shady business, just under a different name.

Had an Experience with LB Exotics?

Comments

Take his slimy butt to small claims and get your money back.

Long Beach, California, United States #806400

I agree with the negative feedbacks.David is very deceiving and is an opportunistic, compulsive liar.

I've seen him dump dead animals in someone else's trash... Let me rephrase that: dumped dead reptiles in a nearby business's trash.

Not very smart, considering it could trace back to his store if ever discovered.Shady!

I personally know David and everything bad said about him is false and can be used against you in court, leave the guy alone , but the truth is you couldn't do what he has done with that shop.. Love ya David

Sure, where can I get ahold of you? Also, if you're Jorge I'm not interested..

ATTN: I BROWN

As one of many investors to LB X's and as David's business partner, I take very serious the wrong doing's performed through out the weeks on various different sites.

I personally feel absolutely ridiculous contacting you or interacting with anybody for that matter through this site. Let me keep it short, and let me make something crystal clear to you. You are not only screwing with the well being of David's business but of my own.

I take very personally these attacks toward the shop. "Worse pet store or all time\", "Shady business"? WOW! Without words, this is NOT beef you have with the shop. This is a clear and undeniable attack at David for whatever nonsense you guys should have settled like adults.

I realize the situation and you are completely out of line with your constant badgering and your perpetual harassment. I have plenty of incriminating evidence of slander contra LB Exotics. Infiltration/Spam contra LB Exotics. Google Bomb/Google Washing or manipulating Google search engines contra LB Exotics. Defamation of Character contra LB Exotics. NOT to mention the names AND images you've essential stolen from Facebook without authorization nor consent from those specific individual(s).

This is all very serious, it's far exceeded the petty revenge scheme you've been plotting against David. But nevertheless, I'm not interested in what you and David had differences on what most concerns me is the wellness of the...

I'd like to advise you ISAAC BROWN to cease all this insanity before you dig yourself into a deeper predicament.

I won't be bullied, I won't be harassed, I won't be victim to your internet fear mongering. Got it?

If you want to talk like two civil adults in which whom DO NOT have time for any juvenile internet antics, you know exactly where to reach me.

-J

And be advised that I do not and will not take part in this back and fourth email writing game, played over irrelevant websites.

Say what you like.And as I said before I will see you in court.

Continue to sink yourself deeper and deeper. Has nothing to do with your company. As a matter of fact. I even had a great website deal with a vendor for you.

But your lack of " I am going to get to it later" does not apply to the world of us hard working business owners. Just such as you did for my website that was THE BIGGEST PEICE OF UNFINISHED JUNK!! As far as my light bill. That is pretty funny.

You know nothing of my money. maybe I should show you my taxes. Also for a guy that has done so well his first year of buisness. I expanded one year later to bigger location.

You dont know anything about me. I GUESS THIS HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE WANT TO BE ME!

Well you will never have that pleasure.This will be my final word til court.

Ok david, first off perjury is taking quite serious in court. We have tons of evidence to back up our claims where you actually don't. You can press all the charges you want, but the fact is that everything you are saying is completely false and they WILL find that out in court.

You talk about defamation of character, yet you are the one calling my a "hacker" when in fact I have not come close to doing anything like that. In my case YOU are the one that is defamating someone's character. They will LAUGH at you in court because all of your arguments are completely lacking in factual support and you don't even know the definitions of the words you are using. You should probably look at a dictionary once in a while because you look pretty ignorant.

Go ahead and press charges david, I will be more than happy to watch all of your money go down the drain. To file a case you need money and you can barely afford to keep your power on in your house.

If anyone has a case about this whole thing its me and my company. We hosted your site which you failed to pay and still haven't paid. In fact we could call a debt collector on you for failing to go through with payment.

You are so full of it David. It's okay because we have our own witnesses to prove that we weren't "friends" along with alot of other false statements you have made. Oh, btw perjury means that you're lying under oath because most likely you don't know what that means, I thought I'd...

AUTUMN, ACTUALLY THE POLICE HAVE BEEN INVOLVED AND WORDS THEY HAVE STATED IS TO PRESS CHARGES.AND i AM WORKING ON THAT AS WE SPEAK.

aS I STATED WHEN YOU MADE YOUR HIGH DEMANDS OF THIS BOGUS GOSSIP. tEGUS ARE NOT AVAILABLE TILL SPRING. THEY ARE EITHER SLEEPING, AND WILL BREED SOON. YOU SAY MY STORE IS NASTY.

HMMMM, KIND OF FUNNY YOU MIGHT DONT YOU THINK. I WORK HARD AT KEEPING EVERYTHING CLEAN.. AND ANIMAL CONTROL IS A BIG SUPPORTER OF MY STORE!!! BUT BEING YOUR A MUST HAVE TYPE OF GIRL.

YOU KNOW THE ONES THE MAKE DEMANDS AT A DROP OF DIME.

THINGS DID NOT GO YOUR WAY THIS TIME AROUND.SEE YOU IN COURT!

poison_apple

Yet again I say COMPLETE AND EPIC FAIL! COPY AND PASTING UNDER DIFFRENT TOPIC NAMES! get a life and stop hating on others!

AutumnBee

You'd think that you guys would come up with something new and interesting to say by now, you sound like a broken record poison apple, just repeating all of the same stuff everyone else has...seems awfully coached by the way!My arguments still stand though, and I stick by every word I've said regardless of what you or anyone else has to say about it!

As I've said at least 20 times now, others can make up their own mind of whether or not to do business with David and his store...I've only shared my own experience in complete honesty!If it causes hard times for the store, than so be it, not my fault!!!